List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kingsley Wright Date:March 22 1999 3:37am
Subject:Re: Problems with MySQL Linux init.d startup SOLVED!
View as plain text
Monty gave me the correct clue here.  It was a permissioning thing after
all... all of the user.* files in /var/lib/mysql/mysql/ were owned by
root -- all other files were owned by mysql and in the root group.  I did a
chown mysql user* and everything is o'tay now...

Thanks Monty!!

I wonder why only those files wound up that way?  Anyone know the answer?