List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 3 2001 4:48pm
Subject:Re: mysql in slackware trouble
View as plain text
On Sun, Jun 03, 2001 at 05:39:57AM -0700, bulls wrote:
> dear everybody,
> i've got  error message when test ./mysqladmin -u root
> -h my-host version, but if ./mysql -u root -p , it's
> ok.how to solution?.
> tank you

There are two differences between your commands (aside from the fact
that one is mysqladmin and the other mysql):
1) The first command does not include -p, the second command does.
2) The first command names a server host, the second command does not.

Your problem could be due to either difference.  Try specifying -p
for the first command and then entering the password when prompted.
If that doesn't work, then perhaps the MySQL root user on your client
host has no permission to connect to the server on my-host.  In
that case, you'll need to use GRANT to add the appropriate account.
Thread
mysql in slackware troublebulls3 Jun
  • Re: mysql in slackware troublePaul DuBois3 Jun
  • Re: mysql in slackware troubleVan4 Jun