List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 16 1999 4:02am
Subject:Re: Q: about the EXTRA column in table description
View as plain text
At 11:03 PM -0400 7/15/99, edb wrote:
>I noticed there's an EXTRA column in the table description, but can find
>no information about it in the manual.
>
>Can someone enlighten me please-- what is it for, how can I use it,
>where is there information on it?

It shows the privileges you have on each column.  This is a phenomenal
addition because it means that when you write client programs, you can
find out if the current user actually has privileges to perform whatever
the program is supposed to be able to do, without having to go ahead and
just try it and have it fail if you have insufficient privileges.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread