List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:May 30 2001 1:28am
Subject:Re: Binary
View as plain text
At 9:16 AM +0200 5/29/01, David Lidström wrote:
>  Is there some kind of pattern in fields containing
>  binary data - so you can be sure that is really IS
>  binary!?
>  I.e. if I in my database have a BLOB-field and
>  sometimes  write a string, and sometimes a file?!

Given that a file can contain ordinary string data, it's difficult to
know how to answer your question.  What's your definition of binary
data?

One way to solve this would be to add another column to the table
that you set to explicitly indicate what kind of information is
in your BLOB column.  Then you wouldn't have to guess.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread