List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Derick H Siddoway Date:July 15 1999 11:29pm
Subject:Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?
View as plain text
>I am new to mysql but this seems very restrictive.  Does this mean that
>anybody with access to mysql on a particular machine, has access to all
>user's databases on that machine?

Nope.  Access to each database is dealt with inside the database engine,
rather than by external conditions such as file permissions.

--
derick

Thread
Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Anna Winkler15 Jul
  • transfer from MS SQL to MySQL?Hawke Robinson15 Jul
    • RE: transfer from MS SQL to MySQL?Tupshin Harper16 Jul
  • Can databases be stored in multiple directories?sinisa16 Jul
  • Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Chris Cleveland16 Jul
    • Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?sinisa16 Jul
  • Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Sasha Pachev16 Jul
Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Paul DuBois16 Jul
  • RE: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Andy Frankford16 Jul
    • RE: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Fraser MacKenzie16 Jul
    • RE: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Paul DuBois16 Jul
    • Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?David Wall16 Jul
      • Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Paul DuBois16 Jul
Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?J. Kochevar16 Jul
  • Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Paul DuBois16 Jul
Re: Can databases be stored in multiple directories?Derick H Siddoway16 Jul