List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:May 28 2001 2:46am
Subject:Re: Setting -up MySql
View as plain text
At 8:26 PM +0530 5/27/01, T.E.Devarajan wrote:
>Hi,
>I need some help. I downloaded mysql and when I tried to
>work ,
>C:\>c:\mysql\bin\mysqld
>the foll message appears.
>"Can't initialize InnoDB as 'innodb_data_file_path' is not set"
>

>  Pl help to get going. I need
>  advise right from the stage where I have got the Windows version of
>mysql  downloaded and would like to proceed further.
>Thanks,
>Devarajan.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/W/i/Windows_installation.html says:

NOTE: If you want to use InnoDB tables, there are certain startup
options that must be specified in your `my.ini' file! See section
8.7.2 InnoDB startup options.

Section 8.7.2 is http://www.mysql.com/doc/I/n/InnoDB_start.html - have a
look at it.

--