List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:March 21 1999 10:26pm
Subject:Re: Can I install mySQL on my Virtual Server Account
View as plain text
On Sun, Mar 21, 1999 at 06:01:14PM -0400, LDJ wrote:
> I want to telnet in and install mySQL server/client with the PERL stuff
> (DBI, DataDumper, MSQL-MySQL-modules) in my own home directory
> (/home/myspace/.
>
> 1) Is this possible?

Yes.

> 2) Do I need to do any special configuration?

Yes.  When you configure MySQL, pass the --prefix=$HOME/mysql flag.
When you get ready to install the Perl modules, do this:

    perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=$HOME/perl-lib

I believe it will ask you where your MySQL installation is - you'll
need to tell it:  /your/home/dir/mysql (of course, change it to the
full path to the mysql directory inside your home directory).

Now, when you write a perl script, you'll need to do this:

use lib '/your/home/dir/perl-lib';

I may have forgotten something, so write back with more details if
this doesn't work.

Tim
Thread
Can I install mySQL on my Virtual Server AccountLDJ21 Mar
  • Re: Can I install mySQL on my Virtual Server AccountThimble Smith21 Mar