List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:May 25 2001 12:13am
Subject:Re: mysqlbug
View as plain text
At 1:53 PM +0200 5/24/01, Catherine Vi Clausen wrote:
>My name is Cathy and I have a problem after installing MySQL. I
>cannot get connection to the localhost. Whenever I type "mysqld" I
>get this message:
>Can't initialize InnoDB as 'innodb_data_file_path' is not set.
>I'm using Microsoft Windows 98 and the version of MySQL is 3.23.
>I hope you can help as soon as possible.
>Thank you. says this:

NOTE: If you want to use InnoDB tables, there are certain startup
options that must be specified in your `my.ini' file! See section
8.7.2 InnoDB startup options. (section 8.7.2) discusses
some options you should try, to make the message you're seeing go away.

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
mysqlbugCatherine Vi Clausen24 May
  • Re: mysqlbugMiguel Angel Sol√≥rzano24 May
  • Re: mysqlbugPaul DuBois25 May