List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dennis Date:May 23 2001 8:37pm
Subject:RE: mysql.sock file
View as plain text
At 05:48 PM 05/22/2001, Angerer, Chad wrote:
>Dennis,
>
>do a find / -name mysql.sock 2>/dev/null to find exactly where mysql puts
>this file.. My rpm install put it in
>/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>
>Find where your mysql.sock file is and make a symbolic on it pointing to
>/tmp/mysql.sock
>
>ln -s /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock /tmp/mysql.sock
>
>Also check your file permissions.  Make sure the mysqld user has access to
>this directory.

Yes, we've done that, but because the tmp directory may get scrubbed on
shutdown or boot, it has to be done on each boot. I wondered if I could
find out whethers its still SUPPOSED to be there, at which point
permissions would be something to consider.

thanks,

Dennis

Thread
JOIN optimizationOlivier Georg22 May
  • Re: JOIN optimizationBob Hall22 May
  • RE: JOIN optimizationOlivier Georg22 May
    • mysql.sock fileDennis22 May
RE: mysql.sock fileChad Angerer22 May
  • RE: mysql.sock fileDennis23 May
Re: mysql.sock fileSiomara Pantarotto23 May
RE: mysql.sock fileDennis23 May