List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dennis Date:May 22 2001 8:56pm
Subject:mysql.sock file
View as plain text
We have a client program that fails trying to access tmp/mysql.sock on
open. It seems that newer servers either dont create the tmp file or store
it somewhere else.

What can be done to make the existing binary work with both older and newer
servers? Is there a my.cnf setting? And also, why has this become an issue?
Can it be a build issue with the server? Or is this file being scrubbed by
some startup routine (Debian is well-known to do damage upon start up this
way)?

thanks.

Dennis

Thread
JOIN optimizationOlivier Georg22 May
  • Re: JOIN optimizationBob Hall22 May
  • RE: JOIN optimizationOlivier Georg22 May
    • mysql.sock fileDennis22 May
RE: mysql.sock fileChad Angerer22 May
  • RE: mysql.sock fileDennis23 May
Re: mysql.sock fileSiomara Pantarotto23 May
RE: mysql.sock fileDennis23 May