List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:May 21 2001 9:49pm
Subject:Re: Telnet into MySQL
View as plain text
At 3:21 PM -0500 5/21/01, Tim Thorburn wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Can someone here recommend a good Telnet program (with SSH) that I
>can use to connect to my servers MySQL database?
>
>Preferably something shareware/freeware - but if it must be
>purchased, I'm not against that.
>
>Thank you
>
>-Tim

Unless you're thinking about some kind of Telnet program that you can use
to set up an SSH forwarder, this won't work.  You don't Telnet directly to the
MySQL server; it speaks a binary protocol.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread
Telnet into MySQLTim Thorburn21 May
  • Re: Telnet into MySQLCarl Schrader21 May
  • Re: Telnet into MySQLPeter L. Berghold21 May
    • Re: Telnet into MySQLharm21 May
  • RE: Telnet into MySQLChris Becker21 May
  • Re: Telnet into MySQLPaul DuBois21 May
RE: Telnet into MySQLChad Angerer21 May
  • Re: Telnet into MySQLEric Fitzgerald21 May
    • Re[2]: Telnet into MySQLOlexandr Vynnychenko22 May
Re: Telnet into MySQLmassey22 May
  • Re: Telnet into MySQLColin Faber22 May
  • Re: Telnet into MySQLBrian Warn22 May
  • Re: Telnet into MySQLPaul DuBois22 May
  • Re: Telnet into MySQLj.urban22 May
    • Re: Telnet into MySQLSteve Brazill22 May
Re: Telnet into MySQLmassey22 May
Re: Telnet into MySQLTim Thorburn22 May