List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 15 1999 5:14pm
Subject:Re: how to determine database size ( in SQL )
View as plain text
"Terpstra, Martin" wrote:

> hello,
>
> I want to be able to determine the size of the database ( or the
> separate tables )
> and keep this value inside a table. Is there somebody who already did
> something
> like this or has an idea how to do this ?
>
> (using MySQL 3.22.23b on HP-UX 10.20 )
>
> thank you,
>
> Martin.

To determine the size of a table you can run ls -l
/path/to/data/dir/table_name.ISM

To determine the size of the indeces

ls -l /path/to/data/dir/table_name.ISD

Don't know why you'd want to store it in a table, as it is available by
stat()'ing the files, but you can periodically stat() the files and
insert the sizes into a table, if you want to.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)