List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:LDJ Date:March 21 1999 10:01pm
Subject:Can I install mySQL on my Virtual Server Account
View as plain text
I have some space on a virtual server. I use a virtual domain name and
access to the cgi-bin. I can also telnet in to my shell account. I am not
root, and I only have rwx permissions in my own directory.

I want to telnet in and install mySQL server/client with the PERL stuff
(DBI, DataDumper, MSQL-MySQL-modules) in my own home directory
(/home/myspace/.

1) Is this possible?
2) Do I need to do any special configuration?

Thanks in advance!

Thread
Can I install mySQL on my Virtual Server AccountLDJ21 Mar
  • Re: Can I install mySQL on my Virtual Server AccountThimble Smith21 Mar