List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve West Date:May 15 2001 2:34am
Subject:RE: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?
View as plain text
Bruce,

Thanks for all the help so far! :)

It finnally works.

SW

-----Original Message-----
From: bferrell@stripped [mailto:bferrell@stripped]
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 10:20 PM
To: wppiphoto@stripped

Actually that's what chkconfig does... It makes the links in /etc/rc.d

again be root.  then:

 ln -s /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql /etc/rc3.d/S99mysql

repeat as necessary in the rc[whatever].d directory.

I think what's going on with the binary tarball you used is for
something like slackware, which doesn't nativly have chkconfig... I've
grafted it onto mine :)

Steve West wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> I installed mysql-3.23.39-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gz . Even though I'm still
> newbie to linux I thought to stay away from the redhat rpm files! :)
>
> Is this the correct version I should be using?
>
> I ran some tests w/ mysql and it seems everything works fine (i.e. added a
> test database, some tables, etc). But I just can't seem to get it to
> automatically startup.
>
> The mysql.server autostartup script mentions something about linking
> mysql.server to /etc/rc3.d/S99mysql and /etc/rc0.d/S01mysql. Do you know
how
> I can go about doing this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> SW

Thread
auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Steve West17 May
  • Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Bruce Ferrell17 May
    • RE: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Steve West17 May
  • Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Bill Marrs17 May
  • Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?hunter17 May