List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:hunter Date:May 17 2001 2:34am
Subject:Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?
View as plain text
Actually that is incorrect syntax...the following is the correct syntax
to ensure that mysqld is running at boot in the different run levels:

/sbin/chkconfig --level 345 mysqld on

as it is a daemon, you need to use 'mysqld' not mysql, and you also need
to pass to chkconfig the runlevels you desire the daemon to start in.

to start/stop/restart at anytime use the following:

/sbin/service mysqld {start|stop|restart}
HTH

Bruce Ferrell wrote:

> login as root. Use:
>
>  chkconfig --list mysql
>
> to determin if it on, if it's not on issue:
>
>  chkconfig mysql on.
>
> That will make sure that mysql starts at boot time.  To start mysql
> manually use:
>
>  service mysql start
>
> Steve West wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to figure out how to get mysql to startup automatically after
> > rebooting the server?
> >
> > I have a Redhat 7.0 box and I placed a file to call up the mysql.server auto
> > startup script as follows:
> >
> > /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql
> >
> > which has the following code:
> >
> > /bin/sh -c 'cd /usr/local/mysql ; ./bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &'
> >
> > I also made sure that mysql.server file is executable.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to get the mysql to startup?
> >
> > P.S. I'm still new to linux and would appreciate any help! :)
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > SW

> Bruce
>
> One day at a time... One second if that's what it takes

Michael B. Weiner, Linux+, Linux+ SME
Systems Administrator/Partner
The UserFriendly Network (UFN)
--
Linux Registered User #94900	Have you been counted?
http://counter.li.org

PGP: 30 1D CC BA 30 30 63 35  CD 58 E0 89 A9 17 CC C0  8C 55 F7 72
auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Steve West17 May
  • Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Bruce Ferrell17 May
    • RE: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Steve West17 May
  • Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Bill Marrs17 May
  • Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?hunter17 May