List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Marrs Date:May 17 2001 2:02am
Subject:Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?
View as plain text
you might also need to run chkconfig to turn on the startup script.

do:

chkconfig --list |grep mysql

...if is says off off off... and no "on"'s, then it's off.  So, do:

chkconfig mysql on

...then do this again:

chkconfig --list |grep mysql

There's more to it... all those numbers are init states 0,2,3,4,5,6 - all
state the Unix books might be in, the first few being boot up, while 3,4,5
are when it's really starting to go... I think 5/6 are related to starting
X, I forget.  You probably don't have to worry about that though... just
use that "on" command and it will probably fix it for you.