List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bruce Ferrell Date:May 17 2001 1:31am
Subject:Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?
View as plain text
login as root. Use:

 chkconfig --list mysql

to determin if it on, if it's not on issue:

 chkconfig mysql on.

That will make sure that mysql starts at boot time.  To start mysql
manually use:

 service mysql start

Steve West wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to get mysql to startup automatically after
> rebooting the server?
>
> I have a Redhat 7.0 box and I placed a file to call up the mysql.server auto
> startup script as follows:
>
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql
>
> which has the following code:
>
> /bin/sh -c 'cd /usr/local/mysql ; ./bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &'
>
> I also made sure that mysql.server file is executable.
>
> Any ideas on how to get the mysql to startup?
>
> P.S. I'm still new to linux and would appreciate any help! :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> SW

Bruce

One day at a time... One second if that's what it takes
Thread
auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Steve West17 May
  • Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Bruce Ferrell17 May
    • RE: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Steve West17 May
  • Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Bill Marrs17 May
  • Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?hunter17 May