List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve West Date:May 15 2001 1:09am
Subject:auto startup of mysql in redhat box?
View as plain text
I'm trying to figure out how to get mysql to startup automatically after
rebooting the server?

I have a Redhat 7.0 box and I placed a file to call up the mysql.server auto
startup script as follows:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysql

which has the following code:

/bin/sh -c 'cd /usr/local/mysql ; ./bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &'

I also made sure that mysql.server file is executable.

Any ideas on how to get the mysql to startup?

P.S. I'm still new to linux and would appreciate any help! :)

Thanks!

SW

Thread
auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Steve West17 May
  • Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Bruce Ferrell17 May
    • RE: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Steve West17 May
  • Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?Bill Marrs17 May
  • Re: auto startup of mysql in redhat box?hunter17 May