List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 14 1999 5:33pm
Subject:Re: Netscape Enterprise Server, PHP3 and Mysql??
View as plain text
Teko King wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> For some reasons, my boss doesn't like apache and insist that I use Netscape
> Enterprise for webserver. Does PHP3 and Mysql work on this web server?? Really appreciate
> any response.
>
> Peace!

You can talk to MySQL from a CGI, but you cannot do PHP - requires a
modification to the server and Netscape Enterpise is not open source -:)

What's wrong with your boss? Tell him to get a life and stop kicking
against the pricks. If you ask anybody what web server works best with
MySQL and other open source solutions, they will almost unanimously say
- Apache. This only makes sense - open source works best with open
source.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)