List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:May 4 2001 2:12pm
Subject:Re: MYSQL C API
View as plain text
At 3:03 PM +0100 5/4/01, VVM Ravikumar Sarma Chengalvala wrote:
>Hi PAUL,
>1.Thanks for the mail.
>2.Regarding the return values I wonder anyone else has
>encountered other than the values -1,0 for
>mysql_query().

You need to stop asking this question.  The function is explicitly
documented to say that it returns zero or non-zero, and the reason
is precisely to keep people from trying to perform more specific
tests.  You cannot rely on anything more specific than zero or non-zero.

>3.
>I will try our the option suggested by you for
>mysql_real_connect();
>3.
>Another thing does mysql_api has any provision to send
>the error messages to the log files.

In general, no, because it's the client API.  The logs are written
by the server.  Some errors are both logged by the server and cause
a message to be returned to the client, but I don't think that's
what you're asking?

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread