List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:April 25 2001 7:40pm
Subject:Re: MySQL 3.23.36 STILL Having Major Problems
View as plain text
Don't give process privilege to anyone else, tht way a connection will be
reserved.

 On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Hunter Hillegas wrote:
> Running mysqladmin -p proc reports:
>
> too many connections...
>
> That's why I can't diagnose it.
>
> I'm logging in as root. How else would I get process_priv? I haven't changed
> any parameters so I should be able to get in but I cannot.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Hunter
>
> > From: "Andrew Schmidt" <aschmidt@stripped>
> > Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 14:46:48 -0400
> > To: "Hunter Hillegas" <lists@stripped>, "mySQL List"
> > <mysql@stripped>
> > Subject: Re: MySQL 3.23.36 STILL Having Major Problems
> >
> > taken from the manual:
> > http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Reference.html#SHO
> > W_PROCESSLIST
> >
> > ----
> > SHOW PROCESSLIST shows you which threads are running. You can also get this
> > information using the mysqladmin processlist command. If you have the
> > process privilege, you can see all threads. Otherwise, you can see only your
> > own threads. See section 7.27 KILL Syntax. If you don't use the FULL option,
> > then only the first 100 characters of each query will be shown.
> >
> > This command is very useful if you get the 'too many connections' error
> > message and want to find out what's going on. MySQL reserves one extra
> > connection for a client with the Process_priv privilege to ensure that you
> > should always be able to login and check the system (assuming you are not
> > giving this privilege to all your users).
> > ----
> >
> > I believe you will want to do the second paragraph.
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > -- Andrew

Gerald L. Clark
gerald_clark@stripped

Thread
MySQL 3.23.36 STILL Having Major ProblemsHunter Hillegas25 Apr
  • Re: MySQL 3.23.36 STILL Having Major ProblemsAndrew Schmidt25 Apr
    • Re: MySQL 3.23.36 STILL Having Major ProblemsHunter Hillegas25 Apr
      • Re: MySQL 3.23.36 STILL Having Major ProblemsAndrew Schmidt25 Apr
        • Re: MySQL 3.23.36 STILL Having Major ProblemsHunter Hillegas25 Apr
        • Re: MySQL 3.23.36 STILL Having Major ProblemsHunter Hillegas25 Apr
      • Re: MySQL 3.23.36 STILL Having Major ProblemsGerald Clark25 Apr
  • RE: MySQL 3.23.36 STILL Having Major ProblemsSander Pilon25 Apr
    • Re: MySQL 3.23.36 STILL Having Major Problems - New DetailsHunter Hillegas26 Apr