List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:April 24 2001 1:38pm
Subject:Re: Need help with 23.36
View as plain text
New Style MySQL Personnel wrote:

> mysql> use lum
> Reading table information for completion of table and column names
> You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A
>
> Didn't find any fields in table 'users'
> Database changed
> mysql> select * from users;
> ERROR 1017: Can't find file: './lum/users.frm' (errno: 13)
>
> > > Please anyone. I really need some ideas.
> > > I copied my database files made with 23.29 to 23.26 and now I get this. I
> > > chowned mysql.mysql and chmoded 660.
> > > The location of the databases is good because I have some other databases
> > > created with 36 and they work fine. I copied ALL the database's files to
> > > /var/lib/mysql where the others are and I get this error. Any idea?
> > >
> > Error code 13 means permission denied. How come your database is named 'lumina'
> and the directory it resides in (or at least the dir that mysql tries to find the tables
> in) is ./lum/ ?  Shouldn't it be looking under lumina?
> > Check that you don't have your database directories messed up under ~mysql/var/
> >

> The files are in the right directory with the right permissions and still
> I get the errors from above.

Show us, with an ls -l of that directory.
Thread
Need help with 23.36New Style MySQL Personnel23 Apr
  • Need help with 23.36New Style MySQL Personnel23 Apr
    • RE: Need help with 23.36indrek siitan23 Apr
    • Re: Need help with 23.36Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos23 Apr
      • Re: Need help with 23.36New Style MySQL Personnel24 Apr
        • Re: Need help with 23.36Gerald Clark24 Apr
        • Re: Need help with 23.36B. van Ouwerkerk24 Apr