List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:July 14 1999 1:52am
Subject:Re: [Fwd: DBI Instalation question?]
View as plain text
Richard Reina wrote:

> Subject: Re: DBI Instalation question?
> Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 21:10:36 -0600
> From: Sasha Pachev <sasha@stripped>
> To: Richard Reina <Richard@stripped>
> CC: mysql@stripped
> <378914B8.B829DE75@stripped> <378A8741.8C5B93AC@stripped>
> <378A9E3B.9F45949C@stripped> <378AAAF1.752D7456@stripped>
>
> Richard Reina wrote:
> >
> > Sasha Pachev wrote:

> instructions :

> the

> the

> > > insert the CD
> > >
> > > mount /dev/cd
> > > cd /mnt/cdrom
> > > ls
> > > then I do not quite rememember where it is exactly, grope around with ls
> > > and cd, once you get to the RPM directory:
> > >
> > > rpm -i make-*.rpm
> > >
> > > You must do all that as root.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Sasha Pachev
> > > http://www.sashanet.com
> >
> > Sasha,
> >
> > Thanks once again for responding so quickly.  Unfortunately I still cannot
> > get it ot work.
> >
> > I tried:
> >
> > cd  mnt/cdrom/SRPMS
> > rpm -i  make-3.76.1-5.src.rpm
> >
> > I then went back to the directory where the DBI files are, but I still get
> > command not found when
> > I try the make command.
> >
> > Any ideas
> >
> > Richard
>
> wrong directory. try /mnt/cdrom/RPMS
>
> RPMS are binaries, SRPMS are specially packaged sources that need to be
> compiled before you can run them.
>
> --
> Sasha Pachev
> http://www.sashanet.com

Sasha,

Any ideas as to what I am doing wrong (why I can't find the RPM files)?

[root@localhost /root]# cd /mnt/cdrom
[root@localhost cdrom]# ls -la
total 2
drwxrwxr-x   2 root     root         1024 Oct  9  1998 .
drwxr-xr-x   4 root     root         1024 Mar 14 13:08 ..

Pardon my newbieness!

Thread
Re: [Fwd: DBI Instalation question?]Richard Reina14 Jul
  • Re: [Fwd: DBI Instalation question?]Darrell Shifflett14 Jul
    • Re: [Fwd: DBI Instalation question?]Richard Reina14 Jul
    • Re: [Fwd: DBI Instalation question?]Sasha Pachev14 Jul