List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 21 2001 6:07pm
Subject:Re: how to avoid newline character?
View as plain text
At 5:53 AM -0700 4/21/01, Andreas Antes wrote:
>When I load data into a mysql table from a simple tab
>delimeted textfile I prepared in a regular
>texteditor (notepad) using the "load data infile"
>command there is a newline character at the end of
>the text in every last column.
>
>How do I get rid of this newline character or are
>there alternative methods of quickly loading
>data into a table.
>
>Thanks for your hints and tips.

It'd help if you showed your LOAD DATA statement, and also indicated
what characters are actually at the end of each line of your data
file.  However, in general, if you specify a LINES TERMINATED BY
clause that lists the line termination characters present in your
file, the statement should eat those characters and they won't
be interpreted as part of your column values.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread