List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:April 20 2001 4:56pm
Subject:Re: Mysql commands from Linux shell
View as plain text
Except, leave out the space bhetween the -p and the password, or put the
userid
and the password in your .my.cnf file.
Robert Vetter wrote:

> Fabio Galarraga wrote:
> >
> > Hi to all:
> > I have a linux script and I need it can execute some mysql commands.
> > Is it possible? If possible, how?
>
> Simply put the SQL commands in a text file. To execute them in the bash
> script you use the mysql client program:
>
> mysql -u user -p password the_database < the_sql_commands_file.sql
>
> Robert

Mysql commands from Linux shellFabio Galarraga20 Apr
  • Re: Mysql commands from Linux shellSteve Ruby20 Apr
  • Re: Mysql commands from Linux shellRobert Vetter20 Apr
  • Re: Mysql commands from Linux shellMikel20 Apr
  • Re: Mysql commands from Linux shellGerald Clark20 Apr
  • Re: Mysql commands from Linux shellPeter van Dijk21 Apr