List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<sinisa Date:March 21 1999 6:07pm
Subject:corruptions in a db
View as plain text
Adam Powell writes:

 > Hi... I have a problem with a database... when I try to add columns, or
 > remove columns, corruptions arise within the database that cause the load on
 > the server to go very high.  I am downloading the new version of mySQL to
 > try and solve this, has anybody else had similar problems?  And if so what
 > is the best way to solve these problems?
 >
 > For instance, we had a char url(255) field, and when we added a new column
 > into the page_data database, seperate from URL, some of the URLs became
 > corrupted, and some other fields were randomly set to NULL - and one was
 > even set to 'hutdown of d' - which is quite bizarre.
 >
 > Adam

Hi!

I have not yet heard of such a type of error.

Please provide more info on make and version of OS, on distribution
and version of MySQL, on the versions of C and thread libs.

Meanwhile, try to recover tables with isamchk -o tablename.

Sinisa

| TcX  ____  __     _____   _____  ___        ==  mysql@stripped        |
|     /*/\*\/\*\   /*/ \*\ /*/ \*\ |*|        Sinisa Milivojevic      |
|    /*/ /*/ /*/   \*\_   |*|   |*||*|        mailto:sinisa@stripped |
|   /*/ /*/ /*/\*\/*/  \*\|*|   |*||*|        Belgrade                |
|  /*/     /*/  /*/\*\_/*/ \*\_/*/ |*|_____   Serbia                  |
|  ^^^^^^^^^^^^/*/^^^^^^^^^^^\*\^^^^^^^^^^^                           |
|             /*/             \*\                   Developers Team   |
corruptions in a dbAdam Powell20 Mar
  • corruptions in a dbMichael Widenius21 Mar
  • corruptions in a dbsinisa21 Mar
  • Re: client server applicationJohn Raab4 Feb
  • RE: client server applicationRoy Nasser4 Feb
RE: client server applicationQuentin Bennett4 Feb
RE: client server applicationAhmed K Bayyari4 Feb
RE: client server applicationRichard Schilling8 Feb
RE: client server applicationCarlos Proal8 Feb