List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 13 1999 8:30pm
Subject:Re: Exporting
View as plain text
Roger Smith wrote:

> Sorry Robert I sent you the message instead of the list.
> Hey guys I have mysql running on one machine, and out web server is
> running on another machine, and these two machines are NFS mounted,
> so I am doing "select * from users into outfile "filename";

Maybe I am missing something, but what is the point of NFS mount here?
Your web server will have to connect to your database server regardless.
NFS mount would make sense if the database server spread the data
accross several hosts, though.

> where for filename I give it the directory that is mounted, and it won't
> write the file, it says error 2000: Can't create/write to file "filepath"

Your mysql user does not have permissions to write to the file. Try
this:

su <mysql_user>
echo "hello" > /path/to/problem/file

and see if you get an error

> but if I just try to save the fiel to somewhere on the local machine it
> works great!!!!!!!!!!
> Anyone know why it won't work over NFS mounts?
> Thanks

NFS should not be an issue here.

--
Sasha Pachev