List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:April 19 2001 4:21pm
Subject:Re: Newbie Linux 7 installation question
View as plain text
chown -R mysql /var/mysql

Steve Tuckner wrote:

> When I run safe_mysqld, it starts and ends immediatly. In the mysqld.log in
> /var/log it has the following:
>
> 010418 21:19:47  mysqld started
> 010418 21:19:47  /usr/libexec/mysqld: Can't find file: './mysql/host.frm'
> (errno: 13)
> 010418 21:19:47  mysqld ended
>
> Below is the my.cnf file
>
> [mysqld]
> datadir=/var/lib/mysql
> socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
>
> [mysql.server]
> user=mysql
> basedir=/var/lib
>
> [safe_mysqld]
> err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
> pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
>
> I ran mysql_install_db and it created database files in
> /var/lib/mysql/mysql. The file host.frm does exist in that directory. I
> tried copying those files /var/lib/mysql but it made no difference. I have
> no ethernet card in the machine and therefore it would be running as
> localhost.
>
> Any ideas???
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve

Thread
Newbie Linux 7 installation questionSteve Tuckner19 Apr
  • Re: Newbie Linux 7 installation questionGerald Clark19 Apr
  • Re: Newbie Linux 7 installation questionRolf Hopkins20 Apr
  • Re: Newbie Linux 7 installation questionGerald Clark20 Apr
RE: Newbie Linux 7 installation questionSteve Tuckner20 Apr