List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:April 18 2001 2:24pm
Subject:Re: Output from select is not what expected
View as plain text
Because 2*2*2=8.

You need to put joining information in the where clause.

I suggest you get a book on SQL.

You might try "MuSQL" by Paul DuBois ( New Riders).

Fates wrote:

>  I have three tables in a database called menus and I have added 2 records
> to each table so 2*3=6 records.  Why is it when I do a "select * from
> table1, table2, table3" I get 8 records back when there are only 2 records
> in each table?  What am I doing wrong? Some of the fields are references
> if that makes a difference?  I want to list the output from all tables
> together.
>
> Using Latest MySQL RedHat Linux RPM
> --
> This email was sent using w3mail.

Thread
Output from select is not what expectedFates18 Apr
  • Re: Output from select is not what expectedGerald Clark18 Apr
  • RE: Output from select is not what expectedRavi Raman18 Apr
  • Re: Output from select is not what expectedBen Dimmock18 Apr