List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:April 18 2001 1:26pm
Subject:Re: re install socket error
View as plain text
1. Make sure the execute bit is set ( Mode should be 755 ).

2. The shell will only execute executable files in the default path,
unless specifically
overridden with a valid search path.

Try ./safe_mysqld

Kevin J Edwards wrote:

> Hi
> Thanx for your response.  Umm I have read the manual.  As far as I know probs running
> as root are basically security.  This is a test box which isn't on the net.
>
> I've tried running safe_sqld from the /support-files directory which is the only
> place it appears.  Same thing "command not found"
>
> Could u send a link for searching the archives - I couldn't find it on the site.
>
> Your patience is appreciated - I know its not much fun dealing with newbies.
>
> Get 250 color business cards for FREE!
> http://businesscards.lycos.com/vp/fastpath/

Thread
re install socket errorKevin J Edwards18 Apr
  • Re: re install socket errorGerald Clark18 Apr