List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karl Pielorz Date:July 13 1999 12:21pm
Subject:Re: how to biuld a 'superb' daemon for over 20 queries per seconds?
View as plain text
Silver CHEN wrote:

> Dear Sir:
>
>   Well, I have trouble on mysql 3.22.2x + freebsd 3.2.
>
>   The question is simple, is this great software suitable for high-
>   queries in one single second.

We have a system here, that at it's peak hits just over 1,100 _inserts_ per
second (each insert comprises of a number of lookups to find keys + a final
insert operation), so I'd imagine, in a properly designed, spec'd system -
running 20 queries a second (providing they don't have to return very large
result sets) should be easily achievable...

This is on a P2-450 w/512Mb RAM, with FreeBSD 3.2 & MySQL (running with
native-threads).

-Kp
Thread
how to biuld a 'superb' daemon for over 20 queries per seconds?Silver CHEN12 Jul
  • Re: how to biuld a 'superb' daemon for over 20 queries per seconds?Sasha Pachev13 Jul
  • Re: how to biuld a 'superb' daemon for over 20 queries per seconds?Karl Pielorz13 Jul
    • Re: how to biuld a 'superb' daemon for over 20 queries per seconds?Erik E Rantapaa14 Jul