List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:BAUMEISTER Alexandre Date:April 12 2001 2:03pm
Subject:Re[2]: col_name(length) index and INNOBASE problem
View as plain text
Heikki,

  Could  you please tell me (and add in the manual perhaps) if this is
  a  planned  enhancement  or  not  and if it's planned, if it will be
  added in a long or a short delay.

  Thanks,
  Alex.

HT> Innobase does not support partial-field indexes. We have to block their
HT> usage in the SQL parser. Miguel's query on Win NT perhaps worked because the
HT> optimizer there chose another access path and did not use the partial-field

HT> But thank you Alex, we have to block them in the parser, and I will
HT> update the Innobase online manual immediately.

HT> Regards,

HT> Heikki

Thread
col_name(length) index and INNOBASE problemBAUMEISTER Alexandre12 Apr
Re: col_name(length) index and INNOBASE problemHeikki Tuuri12 Apr
  • Re[2]: col_name(length) index and INNOBASE problemBAUMEISTER Alexandre12 Apr