List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:BAUMEISTER Alexandre Date:April 12 2001 12:35pm
Subject:col_name(length) index and INNOBASE problem
View as plain text
Bonjour,

  Sorry I mistyped the version of Mysql with which we have the bug.

  It's Mysql-3.23.36 with patch correcting Solaris and other non Linux
  Unix problem.

>   We  found a bug in INNOBASE tables with col_name(length) indexes.
>
>   Here is the table :
>
> create table test (
>   symbole char(20) not null primary key,
>   libelle char(100) not null,
>   index id_lib (libelle(1))
> ) TYPE=INNOBASE;
>

>   For  the test I insert one row but there can be many, the result is
>   the same :
>
> insert into test values('AAAAA','ABCDEF');
>
>   I check that the row is in the table :

mysql>> select * from test;
> +---------+---------+
> | symbole | libelle |
> +---------+---------+
> | AAAAA   | ABCDEF  |
> +---------+---------+
> 1 row in set (0.00 sec)
>
>   I check the indexes in the table :

mysql>> show index from test;

> +-------+------------+----------+--------------+--------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+---------+
> | Table | Non_unique | Key_name | Seq_in_index | Column_name  | Collation |
> Cardinality | Sub_part | Packed |
> Comment |
>
> +-------+------------+----------+--------------+--------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+---------+
> | test  |          0 | PRIMARY  |            1 | symbole      | A         |
> NULL |     NULL | NULL   |
> | test  |          1 | id_lib   |            1 | libelle      | A         |
> NULL |        1 | NULL   |
>
> +-------+------------+----------+--------------+--------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+---------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)
>
>   But here is the problem :

mysql>> select * from test where libelle like 'A%';
> Empty set (0.00 sec)

mysql>> select * from test where libelle like 'a%';
> Empty set (0.00 sec)
>

>   This bug does not occur with a MyISAM table.
>
>   We  use  Myslq-3.23.26  with latest Solaris patch from Heikki, under
>   Solaris 2.8 and SPARC 4 CPU.
>
>   Regards,
>   Alex.

Thread
col_name(length) index and INNOBASE problemBAUMEISTER Alexandre12 Apr
Re: col_name(length) index and INNOBASE problemHeikki Tuuri12 Apr
  • Re[2]: col_name(length) index and INNOBASE problemBAUMEISTER Alexandre12 Apr