List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:July 13 1999 2:56am
Subject:Re: DBI Instalation question?
View as plain text
Sasha Pachev wrote:

> Richard Reina wrote:
> >
> > Sasha Pachev wrote:

> > > make is either not installed or is not in your path. try this:
> > >
> > > find / -name make
> > > echo $PATH
> > >
> > > That should explain everything. If it still does not help, post the
> > > output of the commands above.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Sasha Pachev
> > > http://www.sashanet.com
> >
> > Sasha,
> >
> > Is there any way you can resend those instructions  for installing the
> > make command from the Redhat 5.2 CD rom.  I seem to have  lost that
> > e-mail.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Richard
>
> insert the CD
>
> mount /dev/cd
> cd /mnt/cdrom
> ls
> then I do not quite rememember where it is exactly, grope around with ls
> and cd, once you get to the RPM directory:
>
> rpm -i make-*.rpm
>
> You must do all that as root.
>
> --
> Sasha Pachev
> http://www.sashanet.com

Sasha,

Thanks once again for responding so quickly.  Unfortunately I still cannot
get it ot work.

I tried:

cd  mnt/cdrom/SRPMS
rpm -i  make-3.76.1-5.src.rpm

I then went back to the directory where the DBI files are, but I still get
command not found when
I try the make command.

Any ideas

Richard

Thread
DBI Instalation question?Richard Reina12 Jul
  • Re: DBI Instalation question?Paul DuBois12 Jul
  • Re: DBI Instalation question?Sasha Pachev12 Jul
  • Re: DBI Instalation question?Richard Reina13 Jul
    • Re: DBI Instalation question?Darrell Shifflett13 Jul
  • Re: DBI Instalation question?Sasha Pachev13 Jul