List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:March 21 1999 4:43pm
Subject:Re: database completely corrupted
View as plain text
Adam,
I've run into this, and be patient for additional posts, since this
looks like a pretty serious problem.  1st, what version of MySQL?  I had
this happen to me on 3.21.13 consistently.  Upgrade, your problems will
improve.  2nd, look at the insert clause in the program that generates
this.  If you're throwing strange characters into the table, make sure
you escape them with \.
Lastly, if you're wise and log dbase activity, you can rebuild it with
the log file.  If this is you're situation, e-mail me back and I can
trace down the script I wrote to do this.
Regards,
Van
Linux rocks!!!   www.dedserius.com
database completely corruptedAdam Powell21 Mar
  • Re: database completely corruptedVan21 Mar
  • database completely corruptedMichael Widenius21 Mar