List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thomas D. Wilkinson Date:July 13 1999 1:55am
Subject:Re: surviving the Slashdot effect
View as plain text
Patrick Greenwell wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Jul 1999, Thomas D. Wilkinson wrote:
>
> > Has anybody ever had any experiences like this?  Has MySQL been able to
> > survive a million (gives me a margin of safety) hits in one day (The
> > hardware will be appropriate -- is the software?)?
>
> At a previous position I had Apache + mod_perl + mysql serving 1 - 1.5M
> hits a day on a P166 w/128 mb of ram with no appreciable load.

Thanks for your examples!  I guess MySQL will be sufficient then, eh?

Cheers!

- THomas

thomas delbert wilkinson thomas@stripped edmonton canada
I picked up a Magic 8-Ball the  other day and it said 'Outlook
not so good.'  I said, 'Sure, but  Microsoft  still ships it.'
Thread
surviving the Slashdot effectThomas D. Wilkinson12 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectMichael R. Gile12 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectSrfRoG12 Jul
    • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectAdam Powell12 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectOrlando Andico12 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectSasha Pachev13 Jul
    • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectJames Rogers13 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectPatrick Greenwell13 Jul
    • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectThomas D. Wilkinson13 Jul
      • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectPatrick Greenwell13 Jul
        • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectThomas D. Wilkinson14 Jul
          • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectMichael Widenius30 Jul
        • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectT├Ánu Samuel14 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectDerick H Siddoway14 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectJames Rogers14 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectThomas D. Wilkinson14 Jul
    • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectJames Rogers17 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectDerick H Siddoway15 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectSasha Pachev15 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectDarrell Shifflett15 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectJames Rogers17 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectJames Rogers17 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectThomas D. Wilkinson17 Jul
    • Re: surviving the Slashdot effect (headed slightly off topic)\"Terrence W. Zellers\"18 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectAntony T Curtis19 Jul
  • Re: surviving the Slashdot effectSasha Pachev19 Jul
Re: surviving the Slashdot effectDerick H Siddoway19 Jul