List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:April 11 2001 1:17pm
Subject:Re: Any limits on the number of fields ?
View as plain text
When developing, I have the program log all sql statements to a file so
that
I can examine them for errors. Perhaps the creates that fail contain
some SQL error
that you should test for ( reserved words or embedded quotes etc. )

paul@stripped wrote:

> Hello there can anybody tell me if there are any limits on the number of fields that
> a mysql table have?
> As i have a script which dynamically creates tables for a database driven website an
> i am finding that a significant proportion of table are not created where there are a
> large number of fields, i havn't pinned down exactly where the threshold of creatabilty is
> but it is around the 100 mark.
>
> All the tables have field of type varchar(20) and i am currently using version
> 3.23.35 beta
>
> Any thoughts or insights would be kindly received
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Paul
>
> paulsbooker@stripped
Thread
Any limits on the number of fields ?paul11 Apr
  • Re: Any limits on the number of fields ?Gerald Clark11 Apr