List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:April 10 2001 10:52pm
Subject:Re: client problems
View as plain text
On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 06:37:17PM -0400, Erik Kabo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed MySQL version 3.23 in RedHat 7.0 using gnorpm. After I installed
> it, the server appears to be working fine, but there is no client software.
> I try running "mysql" at the command prompt, but I get a command not found
> error. I tried the GUI on your download page, but it just stalls at the
> splash screen when I try to run it. Can you tell me where to get a client
> that works?

gnorpm shows several MySQL-related RPMs.  Which one(s), specifically,
did you install?  It's possible you installed one with no client programs
in it.

> Thanks,
> Erik
> ekabo@stripped
Thread
client problemsErik Kabo11 Apr
  • Re: client problemsPaul DuBois11 Apr
  • Re: client problemsSteve Werby11 Apr
  • Re: client problemsoltra jean-michel12 Apr