List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 12 1999 8:12pm
Subject:Re: how to biuld a 'superb' daemon for over 20 queries per seconds?
View as plain text
Silver CHEN wrote:

> Dear Sir:
>
>   Well, I have trouble on mysql 3.22.2x + freebsd 3.2.
>
>   The question is simple, is this great software suitable for high-
>   queries in one single second.
>
>   I DID found the daemon 'dead' under some worst case situation, i.e.
>   the process is still there, but the connection is totally dead. I'm
>   not sure if this is a worst case result of system overloaded (the
>   file table was full due to this repeated faults, then everything is
>   out of order), or just the problem of mysqld itself.
>
>   (My system has 256 MB RAM and the OS file table size is 3000+)
>
>   What should I do to 'tune' mysqld? could someone point out several
>   key variables here? I've read the related manual, but still unclear.
>
>   BTW, should I 'rebuild' a new index frequently on the primary key
>   field for each table? Or I can trust the indexes created by itself?
>   Does it help on high-loaded environments?
>
>   Thanks for your reply, and if I'm wrong, please feel free to correct
>   my words.
>
>   Best regards.

20 queries/s is not that much of a load if you build your tables and
queries well. We need more info to be able to help you, though. Can you
post your tables and the queries you are running on them most
frequently? Also the info about the size of the tables.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com/ (home)