List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:April 9 2001 11:18am
Subject:Re: How update 1 of two identical rows.
View as plain text
Unfortunately I am using 3.22.32.  Does this mean I am out of luck with
this query.

Peter Schwenk wrote:

> If you are using version 3.23.x of MySQL, there is a LIMIT clause that you can use
> to just update up to a certain number of records, so you could add 'LIMIT 1' to the
> UPDATE command to only change one record.
>
> Richard Reina wrote:
>
> > Date            DB_amount       CR_amount
> > 2001-04-09      NULL            300.00
> > 2001-04-09      NULL            750.00
> > 2001-04-09      NULL            300.00
> >
> > Anyone know how can I do a query that will update the third record
> > without updating the first?

> PETER SCHWENK                        | Campus IT Associate 3
> Department of Mathematical Sciences  | University of Delaware
> schwenk@stripped                | (302)831-0437
Thread
How update 1 of two identical rows.Richard Reina9 Apr
  • RE: How update 1 of two identical rows.Ben Dimmock9 Apr
  • Re: How update 1 of two identical rows.Gerald Clark9 Apr
  • Re: How update 1 of two identical rows.Richard Reina9 Apr
    • Re: How update 1 of two identical rows.Bob Hall11 Apr