List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:April 6 2001 1:23pm
Subject:Re: [mysql] cant start mysqld process
View as plain text
Old Style ISAM type files are NOT archecture independent.

"Thalis A. Kalfigopoulos" wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, Gerald Clark wrote:
>
> > Another thought.
> > These are isam tables, not myisam tables.
> > Unless the two machines are the same hardware type and operating system,
> > you
> > can't just copy the files over. Use msqldump.
> >

> Actually I was under the impression that the way the files were stored, they were
> archtecture independent and you can infact copy them from anywhere to just about anywhere
> :-/ (correct if wrong). So h/w architecture and OS should not matter (do they?)
>
> .ISM is for ISAM index files, which is the old format. The MyISAM files which is the
> new format, have a .MYI ending.
> host.ISM is the ISAM version of the index file of the 'host' table of the 'mysql'
> database, which is used for user authorization (too many 'of's in a sentence 8-). Actually
> it should be looking for host.MYI
> What version was the last one and what is the new you moved to?
>
> regards,
> thalis
>

> > "Kevin J. MacDonald" wrote:
> > >
> > > In my mysql/data/mysq directory all the permissions are set to 660.
> > > Any ideas on what host.ISM file that it is looking for. I never seen it
> > > before and when I check the old server I can't find it.
> > >
> > > thanks
> > >
> > > kevin

> 660.  I

Thread
[mysql] cant start mysqld processKevin J. MacDonald5 Apr
Re: [mysql] cant start mysqld processKevin J. MacDonald5 Apr
  • Re: [mysql] cant start mysqld processGerald Clark5 Apr
    • Re: [mysql] cant start mysqld processThalis A. Kalfigopoulos6 Apr
      • Re: [mysql] cant start mysqld processGerald Clark6 Apr
Re: [mysql] cant start mysqld processKevin J. MacDonald5 Apr