List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Adam Powell Date:March 21 1999 8:13am
Subject:performance
View as plain text
Eurhg, this is kind of an emergency....

If you had an IP field that had to be inserted into about 40 times a
second... what would be the best way to do it?  I have currently...

mysql> describe last_seen;
+--------+-----------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
| Field  | Type            | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| ip     | char(16) binary | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
| banner | char(21)        | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Does this look as optimised as it can get or am I doing something wrong, as
its causing the server load to be extraordinarily high.

Thanks,
Adam