List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Van Date:July 12 1999 1:19pm
Subject:Re: SV: trouble in MySQL installation
View as plain text
Martin Edelius wrote:

> I had the same problem but since I was only running on a test machine I
> tried a forced upgrade and it worked. A better way would probably be to
> uninstall the old version and then install the new one.
>
> *Make sure you backup data dirs and altered files before!* Just in case.
>
> Best regards,
> Martin Edelius
>
> Spirex Digital Design
>
> --------------------------------
> www: http://www.spirex.se
> Mail: martin.edelius@stripped
> Phone: +46-31-514651, 0708-113711
> Fax: +46-31-514331
> Aröds Industriväg 3c
> S-422 43 Hisings Backa
> --------------------------------

The best approach to an upgrade of your version is rpm -Uvh
mysql-version-platform.rpm.  If it complains about dependency conflicts,
RESOLVE THEM BEFORE PROCEEDING.  This is the only correct approach.

Also, backing up your data files is useful, if you had the server
running in production-mode at all.
Regards,
Van
Linux rocks!!!   http://www.dedserius.com
SV: trouble in MySQL installationMartin Edelius12 Jul
  • Re: SV: trouble in MySQL installationVan12 Jul