List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:March 21 1999 3:53am
Subject:Creating DB problem
View as plain text
Hello,

newbie here,

I am running Mysql 3.22.15 on Redhat 5.2 and am really enjoying mysql.
Anyway,
my question is this:  I have to test database that I have been building
all my tables in and everything works great adding data through a web
form.  Now, when I create a new database by going to mysql and then
create database 'name' I can create tables, but I can't place the data
in the new database tables with a web form.  Are there a set of rights
that I have to create for writing to the new databases?  I also logged
in as root when I created these new databases.  It's not too big a deal,
but I just get tired of not understanding why my forms contain no data
with these new databases and then I resort to building more tables in
the default test database which seems to work.  Should I create the the
database in a normal user mode, and am I having this problem because I
don't have rights to add data?  It seems that I can add data and select
and show data with the new database tables from the mysql command line
with no problems.

Data Question?  I am using Timestamp and would like to splash back on a
web page the Month, day, year, time. with other data.  Do I need to
write in a sub select statement to select the curdate(),curtime, etc.
Do I need to assign a variable to display it?  $TD=curdat(),curtime()
from 'table' where X=Y?  How many calls to the database can you make and
do you need sub select statments if you make more than one call to the
database?

Count Question? I would also like to count the number of fetchrows are
returned from a search and place that number at the top of the page,
Number of queries are X.  Is there an easy way to go about this.

I am checking the manual as well, so I might find the answers, but any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Douglas Brantz
Computer Consultant
Fine & Applied Arts
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608

Thread
Creating DB problemDouglas Brantz21 Mar
  • Timestamp or Datetime?Douglas Brantz21 Mar
  • Re: Timestamp or Datetime?Douglas Brantz21 Mar