List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:April 4 2001 1:30pm
Subject:Re: How well does MySQL hadle multiple reads and writes together?
View as plain text
Peter Janett wrote:

> I have inherited a client with a flat file shopping cart.  I have added a
> MySQL database to record the orders, and am using DBI with Perl and PHP3 to
> do the interaction with the MySQL database.
>
> The site is a local theater that sells concert tickets.  They have sold as
> many as 4 tickets per second, which was way too much for the flat file
> shopping cart.  I'm going to implement a MySQL based cart, but want to make
> sure I won't run into similar problems.  I have found one order that didn't
> make it into MySQL, which has me a bit worried.
>
> I've already double check and added lots of "flock" statements in the Perl
> code for the flat file database operations, and would like to know more
> about the "file locking" needs, features, etc. of MySQL.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Peter Janett
>
> New Media One Web Services

Read the manual.  If programmed properly, you should not need file
locking,
especially in a web based design.
Thread
WG: Mysqld problem Re: ownership/permission problemsGerd Breidenstein4 Apr
  • How well does MySQL hadle multiple reads and writes together?Peter Janett4 Apr
  • Re: How well does MySQL hadle multiple reads and writes together?Gerald Clark4 Apr