List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Heiphetz Date:July 12 1999 2:59am
Subject:Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?
View as plain text
At 04:27 PM 7/11/99 -0700, Robert Semenoff wrote:
<snip>
>The option of monetary recognition would broaden the meaning of
>participation to include people who may not have much in the way of
>knowledge to barter with.

Wow! That was a nicely twisted sentence! Haven't heard stuff
like this since my last philosophy course. Perhaps we should
re-route the rest of this intigueing and exciting discussion to
alt.philosophy.software.databases.barter_your_knowledge_or_buy_support.disc?

>Linux and mySQL are popular firstly because they are quality software, and
>also because they were being used early on by smart people with little
>money.  RedHat may be competitive with the established Unices, but Linux
>itself is still free software, as far as I know.  I think TCX is on the
>right track with the licensing policy though - not exactly free, but not
>exclusive either.

Thank you for enlightening me and the rest of us who just fell off
the truck and had no idea what Linux is and how and why it became
popular.

Seriously guys......... :-)

Thank you for your attention,
A.Heiphetz
Thread
3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Robert Semenoff10 Jul
  • Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Paul DuBois10 Jul
Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Robert Semenoff11 Jul
  • Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Sasha Pachev11 Jul
  • Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Michael Widenius30 Jul
Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Robert Semenoff11 Jul
  • Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Sasha Pachev11 Jul
Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Robert Semenoff12 Jul
  • Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Alex Heiphetz12 Jul
Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Robert Semenoff12 Jul