List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 21 1999 2:00am
Subject:Re: How to link tables in different databases
View as plain text
> I need to link on a single query two tables in different databases. I have
done it on Access linking external
> tables into actual database (external link).

Not sure I understand what you mean.  Do you mean doing something like
"select * from table1, table2 where table1.id=table2" and table1 is in
database1 and table2 is in database2?  If so, "select * from
database1.table1, database2.table2 ... " should do what you want to do.

Also getting a good book on SQL would really, really help.

Thread
How to link tables in different databasesJuan Riera21 Mar
Re: How to link tables in different databasesEd Carp21 Mar
RE: How to link tables in different databasesJuan Riera22 Mar