List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 11 1999 6:39pm
Subject:Re: mysqlshow in 3.23.1-alpha
View as plain text
At 8:01 PM +0200 7/11/1999, Norbert Kolb wrote:
>I tryed the new release last night, and found the following :
>
>after installing the new release, mysqlshow did not show ANY tables nor
>fielde, but all databases.
>
>I tryed a mysqldump from the old (3.22.24) and a cat dump.sql | mysql ...
>Nearly the same result, but, if i added the table name (mysqlshow db
>table) i got the field. Sometimes. It does NOT work with all dbs/tables
>
>Is this my fault, or is it a bug ?

It's a bug.  SHOW TABLES in mysql does the same thing.  It you connect
as the root user it works, if you connect as an ordinary user, it doesn't
work.  Seems to have something to do with checking the access tables,
but the problem isn't quite nailed down yet.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
mysqlshow in 3.23.1-alphaNorbert Kolb11 Jul