List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:July 11 1999 3:36am
Subject:Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?
View as plain text
Robert Semenoff wrote:

> Actually I do think it's a problem with the (default) compiler/libraries in
> 6.0.
> But I have managed to get other sources built on 6.0 without any trouble
> whereas in mySQL 3.22.25, the configure script in the source distribution
> isn't
>  even generating a makefile.
> I was just curious if mySQL has any intention of sometime soon providing a
> version of configure.in (if that's the problem) and/or information on which
> compiler/library should
> be used with 6.0.  If not I'll just have to find a Redhat 5.2 somewhere and
> use that...
> Thanks,

Two points:

 - TCX binary on a Linux platform will give you better performance than
almost anything you could ever compile yourself (unless you get the
right tools, and spend a lot of time trying to come with come up a
better configuration)

- If you still want to compile after reading the first point, carefully
study the diagnostics of configure, understand what is missing or
misconfigured, fix it, and it will work. Then maybe post a script that
will patch RedHat 6.0 installation so that MySQL will compile on it. If
it works, Monty will probably include it in the distribution.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com
Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Robert Semenoff11 Jul
  • Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Sasha Pachev11 Jul
Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Robert Semenoff12 Jul
  • Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Alex Heiphetz12 Jul
Re: 3.22 distribution for RH 6.0 ?Robert Semenoff12 Jul