List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arne Claassen Date:March 26 2001 5:52am
Subject:Signal 11 on Innobase table range queries
View as plain text
I've got a reproducable signal 11 death in mysqld using Innobase tables and
range queries (at least reproducable on my machine, Redhat 6.2, mysql

Here's how it manifests itself: Create a table with at least 32 columns.
Then load a row or two into the table and try to do any query using a range
(>, <, between, in) on the primary key and i get this:

mysql> select * from foo where id > 1 limit 1;
ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Number of processes running now: 0
010325 22:34:39  mysqld restarted

Looking at the error log i get this:

mysqld got signal 11;
The manual section 'Debugging a MySQL server' tells you how to use a
stack trace and/or the core file to produce a readable backtrace that may
help in finding out why mysqld died.
Attempting backtrace. You can use the following information to find out
where mysqld died.  If you see no messages after this, something went
terribly wrong...
Stack range sanity check OK, backtrace follows:
Stack trace successful, trying to get some variables.
Some pointers may be invalid and cause the dump to abort...
thd->query at 0x8322640 = select * from foo where id > 1 limit 1
thd->thread_id = 1
Successfully dumped variables, if you ran with --log,
take a look at the details of what thread 1 did to cause the crash.
In some cases of really bad corruption, this value may be invalid
Please use the information above to create a repeatable
test case for the crash, and send it to bugs@stripped

Number of processes running now: 0
010325 22:34:39  mysqld restarted
Innobase: Database was not shut down normally.
Innobase: Starting recovery from log files...
Innobase: Starting log scan based on checkpoint at
Innobase: log sequence number 0 875931369
Innobase: Started
/usr/local/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections

When creating the table, i first encountered this with just a ugly wide
table.. I then tried to create a test table to reproduce this. If you create
a table of 32 int's it doesn't happen, but a single int as the primary id
and then 31 varchar(100)'s does it reliably.. I'm not saying that's a good
schema, but it shouldn't happen regardless.

Let me know if anyone can reproduce this, as it's quite the nuisance...

Signal 11 on Innobase table range queriesArne Claassen26 Mar